This diet lark is much harder than I ever thought it would be. I mean, who labels it 'a diet' anyway. A diet sounds so harsh, so I much prefer to call it a healthy eating plan. I have the motivation, I just need to kick start my plan into action. If you haven't managed to read why I want to loose weight catch up here.
Before I even start, it seems the perfect time to give our kitchen a Spring clean. Clear out those cupboards and be free of naughty things, chocolate and Mr Kipling cakes. Eat old stuff up and cheer work mates up on a Monday with sweet treats! After clearing out any temptation, it's time to create a plan. I'm hoping a few small changes will have a positive effect on my health. Baby steps first, here are the tips I'm going to try to live by.
1. Cut out fizzy drinks. On the odd occasion I may lapse, opt for the low calorie/diet version.
2. Up the water intake.
3. Allow one SMALL bar of chocolate a week.
4. Cook fresh. Flick through recipe books and choose a couple of meals to cook every week.
5. Stick photo thin-inspiration everywhere. On my desk at work. Kitchen. Cookie jar (which should be empty). Etc etc.
6. Snack on nuts and fruit. And limit the quantity.
7. Avoid pastry, cheese and refined sugar.
8. Eat wholegrain pasta and rice. Restrict portions sizes.
9. Cut sugar from tea. No sweetex, just tea.
10. Plan. I hope by being more organised and planning meals, this will enable me to stay in control and opt for healthy options.
I'm hoping combining these few steps, will help me to feel less sluggish and to slash the dress sizes. I want to incorporate more exercise into my routine. At the moment Tony and I tend to find ourselves on long walks most Sundays, which always ends at the pub. Note to self, no puddings, no wine. As well as a long stroll on a Sunday, I'm going to try to march around our village (which is a 3 mile loop), a couple of times a week.
I have a ban on clothes buying, only once I notice that I have lost a significant amount of weight, will I allow myself a treat.
In the meantime, I'm going to use up body scrubs, lotions and potions and polish my skin up. Take better care of my body generally.
I better crack on, it's time to scrub up! Updates will be coming soon on how the first couple of weeks have gone. Wish me luck.
What are your top tips? If you are eating healthily, what inspires you to continue and to cut out all the high calorie foods?
Photography: Maisie Smart